Sunday, April 25, 2010

IE 8 back button stopped working, other parts slowly malfunction


I am a big IE8 user. I have 20-30 sites on my favorites bar. I use the Norton 2010 Identity Safe toolbar. At times I have open 10-15 tabs doing research on a product, ordering supplies and market watching.


I noticed a few weeks ago the back button stopped working as I would open a large amount of tabs. It would be random in the amount of tabs I would have open, but its safe to say 8-10 tabs. I would shut the browser and open it again. All would be fine. If I was doing research with quite a few tabs open, I would try to get back where I was. It as a pain. I did not want to save my whole list of tabs.

Then just recently, IE8 really started to get into a funk. The search box returned an error as I typed. And soon afterwards, the forward button stopped working. Time to do some research.

There was all sorts of resolutions for this issue. To save time, in our Network Support Shop we sometimes repair client PC's with slight Malware infections. After some infections, IE8 just isn't right. So we run IEFix . Solves alot of issues after a Malware Infection. Heavy infections get R&R (Reformat&Reinstall).
This tool worked on my IE8 malfunctions. I am browsing a week so far and no issues at all. Thank Ramesh for this great little tool.

No comments: