Sunday, June 7, 2015

Windows 10 Builds give old CPUs a workout

I have an old HP ProBook 4501s with an Intel CPU T6770 2.2Ghz Dual Core 4Gb RAM with a 90Gb SSD we installed that I use for our Windows 10 test machine.

Just after build upgrades the machine pushes 100% for a while until some additional house cleaning is completed such as updates and download of additional code. We are at 10130 currently.

I use, Chrome & Firefox Browsers. I utilize OneDrive, but I don't sync all my folders, just documents. Any office work is done in the browser with on-line versions.

The CPU usage after the upgrade gets a nice workout for an hour or so and has been pretty consistent for every build.



Depending on how long you leave your system on, housekeeping eventually calms down to a normal level . Not bad for an Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 with 4Gb



No comments: